WTS International, one of the world's leading spa and fitness consulting and management firms, is seeking an Aquatics Director for Ashburn, VA. The Aquatic Director will be responsible for the overall planning, development, innovation, direction, coordination and administrative organization of all Aquatics related programs and member services including but not limited to: private and group swim lessons and Aqua Jets swim team. The Aquatics Director will assure program quality and the safety of youth and adult participants and their families, in addition to supervise all aquatic facilities at Ashburn Village Sports Pavilion. The Aquatics Director is responsible for direct supervision of the pool operators, lifeguards, instructors and coaches.
• Bachelor’s/Master Degree is preferable in health, fitness, recreation or business management field.
• Minimum of one-year experience in an aquatics related management position.
• Certified as a lifeguard, pool operator, Community C.P.R./AED and First Aid certification (WSI and/or LGI certification preferred).
• Must be able to build rapport with members and associated community leaders and/or AVCA board and management team
• Efficient, well organized, and able to handle a variety of duties simultaneously.
• Professional manner, discretion and appearance.
• Strong effective leadership skills and a good work ethic.
• Proficient in general computer skills, including but not limited to, Word, Excel, Publisher, Power-Point and office equipment.
• Outwardly positive and enthusiastic attitude towards job, facility and clients.
• Maintain a character of professionalism and confidence, with a tactful ability to communicate with children and adults.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to stand for a long period of time.
• Aware of proper body mechanics to prevent injury.
• Availability When Facility Is Open: This could include nights, weekends, and holidays.
• This position requires that the Aquatics Director be able to swim well enough to maintain
current lifeguard certification and in physical shape to perform lifeguarding duties.
• Light Work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to a negligible pounds of force frequently to move objects.
• This position required the ability to climb, balance, kneel, reach, stand, walk, push, pull, and lift.
• This position will require the following physical requirements: seeing, hearing and talking.
• This position may require exposure to chemical hazards.
• The position may require exposure to extreme weather conditions, including heat, humidity, and rain.
• The position will be required to use the following equipment: computer, calculator and copying machine.
• The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
WTS International, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer that is committed to having a diverse work force.