WTS International, one of the world’s leading spa, fitness and leisure consulting and management firms, is seeking a Project Designer for our corporate office in Rockville, MD. The Project Designer will be responsible for providing design assistance specific to spa, fitness or other recreation/leisure portions of hospitality projects. They will also be responsible for the identification and procurement of specialized equipment that such facilities require.
• Prepare and submit space programming documents, equipment layouts and specifications as well as other project-specific input to architects, interior designers and/ or other members of the project team.
• Specify specialized fitness and spa equipment and provide layouts and equipment lists to architects, engineers, interior designers and other project team personnel for assigned projects.
• Secure bid/quotes on above equipment as needed for assigned projects and coordinate the procurement of said equipment with the appropriate disciplines on the project team.
• Establish and maintain knowledge of sources, technical specifications and availability of pertinent equipment and materials. Stay abreast of trends and innovations in the leisure industry.
• Responsibilities may require an adjusted work schedule, travel, and evening/weekend hours in order to meet deadlines.
• Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design from an accredited institution.
• A minimum of three years experience working as an interior designer in the field of Hospitality.
• Must possess an interest in fitness, spa and recreation activities.
• High level of proficiency in AutoCAD required. Experience with Revit a plus.
• Skilled in Microsoft Office, Bluebeam, Photoshop and Sketch Up.
• Effective oral and written communication skills.
• Professional appearance, communication and demeanor at all times.
• Must be self-directed, exhibit efficient time management, organization and analytical skills.
• Proven ability to work within a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
WTS International, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer that is committed to having a diverse work force.