WTS International, the world's leading spa consulting and management firm is seeking a Fitness focused Corporate Operations Director to work remotely as part of our Corporate Team from New York City. The ideal candidate has extensive operations experience in commercial athletic and fitness centers. The Corporate Operations Director runs the day-to-day operations of the facility. The Operations Director finds ways to make the facility more productive by providing effective methods for its business operations. The Corporate Operations Director will be responsible for the management and supervision of the daily operations of multiple WTS accounts including fitness centers and recreational amenities to include establishing and meeting operational and financial goals. The Operations Director will ensure positive interaction with clients that will result in account retention.
The Corporate Operations Director runs the day-to-day operations of the facility. This individual will be responsible for supervising multiple sites primarily for commercial athletic and fitness centers throughout the US. The Operations Director will focus on collaborating with each Director to ensure a high standard and consistency of operation and maximize revenue and bottom line results. The Operations Director will develop and execute creative promotions and ways to make each facility more productive by proactively working to drive revenue for the facilities. This individual will be responsible for the management and supervision of the daily operations of multiple WTS accounts to include establishing and meeting operational and financial goals. The Corporate Operations Director will also ensure positive interaction with clients and staff.
• Minimum of five years supervisory experience in the leisure management field. Multi-site supervisor experience preferred.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred in the area of Hospitality, Exercise Science, Health Education, Business or related field.
• Spa management experience preferred but not required.
• Able to show initiative and make decisions
• Must have excellent oral communication skills to work positively with different populations, in groups and individually.
• Must be well-organized, efficient, and able to handle a variety of duties simultaneously.
• Effective leadership skills and strong work ethic.
• Must be in a physical condition to project the health and wellness ideals of the industry.
• Must be able to think independently and develop programs for specific exercise and member/guests needs.
• Must be able to keep confidences and practice discernment
• Must be able to build rapport with members or guests.
• Excellent customer service skills and work ethic.
• Energetic, enthusiastic and motivational.
• Professional manner, discretion, and appearance.
• Excellent verbal and written skills.
• Normal work hours: Varied to include nights, weekends, and holidays
• Light Work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to negligible force constantly to move objects.
• This position required the ability to balance, kneel, reach, stand, walk, push, pull, and lift.
• This position will require the following physical requirements: repetitive motions, seeing, hearing and talking.
• The employee will be required to operate the following tools: computer, calculator, fax machine, and copier
• This position may require exposure to noise, fumes, chemical and mechanical hazards.
• The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
WTS International, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer that is committed to having a diverse work force.