We are seeking a candidate to work in collaboration with the General Counsel and the Director of Human Resources to address a wide variety of human resource and compliance issues for WTS International, the industry leader in the leisure and hospitality management industry. This role is being established primarily to develop, implement, and maintain an expansive and robust Compliance program that will ensure adherence to the highest WTS standards and all applicable regulations. This individual will author country-wide best practices relating to employee onboarding, licensing, safety, and other topics as they emerge. This individual will also assume responsibility for a defined geographic territory within WTS’s national operations, overseeing all employee-related issues occurring therein.
The successful candidate thrives in a collaborative team environment, possesses sufficient leadership courage to take ownership over new initiatives, is well-versed in legal guidelines and corporate governance best practices, and possesses strong customer service skills.
We are seeking a staff member with the highest ethical standards to represent our company in a professional, diligent manner. This person must also be comfortable pointing out risks and areas of concern, saying “no” when necessary.
• Develop and maintain automated systems that communicate legal guidelines and internal policies across new hires and site managers
• Understand the requirements associated with employment law across different states to ensure company compliance
• Identify emerging risks, gaps in risk management, and inefficient or outdated company policies. Draft or update company procedures promptly and thoroughly in response
• Collaborate closely with both WTS Corporate Counsel and HR department to monitor enforcement of standards and regulations
• Assess the business’s future ventures to identify possible compliance risks, and formulate responsive strategies
• Review the work of colleagues when necessary to identify compliance issues and provide advice or training
• Keep abreast of regulatory developments within or outside of the company as well as evolving best practices in compliance control
• Prepare reports for senior management and external regulatory bodies as appropriate
• Proven experience in the area of compliance (with state regulators, federal guidelines, and internal policies)
• HR or legal background/experience
• Excellent knowledge of reporting procedures and record keeping
• Ability to oversee initiatives from inception to execution to auditing
• Methodical and diligent with outstanding planning abilities
• An analytical mind able to evaluate the complexities of procedures and regulations
• Excellent communication skills
• Certified compliance professional is a plus
• Infrequent travel on an as-needed basis
WTS International, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer that is committed to having a diverse work force.