WTS International, one of the world’s leading leisure, fitness and spa management firms, is seeking a Membership and Operations Manager! The Membership and Operations Manager will report directly to the Corporate Operations Director.
The Membership and Operations Manager is responsible for membership sales and facility operations to include: developing and directing strategic sales efforts; creating and executing strategic sales plans, promotions and events, oversight of the vendors, customer service and facility operations. Additionally and equally as important, the Membership and Operations Manager will oversee and collaborate very closely with onsite vendor partners.
Some nights/weekends required and our ideal candidate will have prior facility management, hospitality and customer service experience. Apply today for immediate consideration!
• Ensures the “WTS Experience” for members and guests by maintaining the standards set in WTS’ Basics to Excellence (BTE), WTS’ Mission Statement/Values; Standards and Expectations, and WTS’ Brand Standards.
• Develops and maintains a comprehensive standard facility operations manual, including written policies and procedures for all services, administration, membership, staff and maintenance.
• Directs and oversees all membership operations to ensure achievement of sales quotas and supports retention goals.
• Presents a monthly client summary report that outlines detailed membership sales information, operational and financial data.
• Submits all paperwork and financial reporting, including payroll, in accordance with WTS policy. Reconciles registration software and POS system as required.
• Ensures accurate facility maintenance procedures and checklists through routine preventative maintenance and repair.
• Works in cooperation with the F&B vendor to ensure proper cleanliness standards for the facility.
• Procures quotes from various vendors as they relate to needed maintenance and operational items.
• Assesses all employees’ progress continually; coaches employees with positive reinforcement, and disciplines, when necessary, fairly and consistently; participates in annual performance evaluations, and, when necessary, assists in the termination process.
• Attends all management functions and meetings associated with client and WTS, including monthly marketing meetings, developer meetings and off-site presentations.
• Maintains cooperation and teamwork with vendors, placing a high emphasis on member and guest service and satisfaction.
• Identifies, evaluates, and resolves problems or concerns from members, guests and vendors in a timely manner, utilizing innovative ideas and sound judgment.
• Ensure compliance with any state and local licensing requirements, including concession stands, aquatic facilities and special event permits, as required by code.
• Assists in development of membership policies, procedures and documents.
• Prepares any incident or accident reports forwards them to the WTS COD.
• Ensures facility is only accessed by actual members and/or guests, and that it is safe and secure at all times.
• Recruits personnel for the operation. Ensures the staff is fully knowledgeable on the use and benefits of membership, services, products, programs, and activities by conducting regularly scheduled staff meetings and training workshops.
• Provides excellent customer service and monitors member and guest feedback. Supervises and follows up on member and guest requests and comments.
• Leads outside prospecting of new membership and co-op opportunities.
• Projects an UPSCALE image to employees, clients, business associates and the community by having a professional, business attire and excellent customer service skills.
• Recommends and develops marketing strategies to include planning/coordinating promotions, facility activities and effective advertising.
• Identifies, evaluates, and resolves problems in a timely manner, utilizing innovative ideas and sound judgment.
• Assists with lifting and storing facility equipment, furniture, and products to help maintain facility and prepare for special events.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Minimum of three (3) years progressive development and experience in the field of hospitality and operations.
• Experience in staff management, facility operations, membership, as well as event planning.
• Energetic, enthusiastic and motivational.
• Ability to collaborate with vendors and clients to attain facility goals.
Previous sales experience is preferred.
• Must be able to lift tables, chairs and other equipment while setting up for events and activities.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Ability to utilize new technology and communication methods in preparing messaging and advertisements for members, guests and the public.
• Efficient, well organized, and able to handle a variety of duties simultaneously.
• Professional manner, discretion, and appearance.
• Excellent verbal and written skills.
• Effective leadership skills and strong work ethic.
• Bachelor’s Degree in leisure services, sales and marketing or a related field highly desirable.
• CPR, First aid & AED Certification preferred or willingness to obtain
WTS International, LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer that is committed to having a diverse work force.